Not Saving the World
Synopsis:
BROAD:
First and foremost, we focus on building programs, expanding on existing science, and using our practical experience on-the-job at places like Google and in the fields of organizational development and human psychology to enable workplace happiness. We will start off building a community and experimenting with mediums such as podcasting, a newsletter and concepts and tools that are fun, useful and free for anyone to use.
TONE:
The tone of our media will be irreverent and light with an emphasis on real talk, storytelling, conversationality, and child-like fun. We are humans, not robots. We need to feel connected and understood and to exist within a community in which the hard things can be held lightly in order to encourage our brains to relax enough to be able to feel our feelings, learn, and grow.
WHY?
I have many years of experience in learning and development at Google. I love teaching and I simultaneously have very little attention span for formality. And guess what, so do most people! I'll be joined by other people that I enjoy talking to and who I believe have wisdom to share.
WHO?
I have more than enough hard-won life lessons to share, but I'm not an expert in anyone but myself. And sometimes not even that. Having been a workplace coach for over 15 years and I've seen a lot of suffering and joy inside these systems. I don't believe the companies are to blame for the suffering nor are they the creator of the joy. I do believe we're humans existing within a swirl of such accelerated and accelerating change that we're will start to break if we're not doing this together and that's the space I'd like to create here. We need to allow ourselves, our employees and our societies to create, innovate, laugh, love, cry and be all kinds of vulnerable TOGETHER. I'm willing to try myself and hope you'll join me.
Who am I? It doesn't matter. It's about who we are.
WHAT:
Not Saving the World is a triangle of support* for you in your work life.
Side 1 is side is work, being creative, generative and helping solve problems big and small for people.
Side 2 is service to others
Side 3, our B-side, is learning to give help to ourselves and accept it from others in a way that honors our boundaries.
Topics might focus on how to give yourself the help you need, how to ask for help and how to set boundaries around the type of help you need. It's a place for seeding ideas and trying experiments. One thing I know for sure is that you cannot tell your brain to be less afraid. You have to show it that what you're afraid of won't hurt you. I believe change is hard and that it's not to be forced without processing. And this platform will give us the opportunity to do that as things shift in our lives, worklives and in society.
===
Content:
Story/conversation with someone who has been through something that others will relate to (example: bullying or being cast out).
What does this look like for you?
How does it affect you today?
How does knowing that connection help you to heal?
What are some things you've done to help you be successful as a mother? A worker? A ____?
Me: how I've seen this play out at work, how I've seen this play out in my own mental health; how I've seen this play out in foster care contexts, play out in the mental health setting.
==
Not Saving the World is an idea that's been brimming inside me for a long time.
It's a social enterprise, an idea-spring, and a X.
of creative approaches to enable people to have happy work lives and feel a real sense of community and support to help them deal with what's happening within their work systems - and themselves - on a daily basis.
==
How we do things:
Shut up, troll
No comments on posts (ELABORATE)
Comments
Post a Comment